All You Need to Know About Clothes Hangers
You see your closet multiple times every day. An organized closet means easily accessing what you need to start your day quickly and positively. Why does having a messy closet seem almost inevitable? Sometimes it may seem impossible to fully organize your clothes. Something as simple as changing the type of hangers you use can transform your closet’s appearance. Here is everything you need to know about clothes hangers.
Benefits of Replacing Your Hangers
First of all, let’s take a look at what you can experience when you decide to use different hangers:
- Visually appealing
- Saves space
- Easier to find clothes
- Prevents wrinkling
Different Hanger Materials
There are certain hangers out there that are better for certain kinds of clothes. Here are your main options and characteristics of each:
- Plastic hangers: These tend to disrupt the uniformity of your closet. Most of us end up with various colors and sizes of plastic hangers over the years, making your closet appear uneven and cluttered.
- Wire hangers: Wire hangers are bad news for clothes. They are thin, weak, and fail to properly distribute the weight of garments. This results in clothes getting indented, wrinkled, and even discolored.
- Velvet hangers: Great for uniformity and preventing clothes from slipping off. Most shirts and general tops fare well on these. Do not hang wet clothes on them, as this can transfer the velvet color onto the fabric.
- Wooden hangers: Looking through your closet with wooden hangers will make you feel like you’re in a top-notch clothing store. They add elegance and are great for keeping clothes from getting wrinkled or getting indented.
Now let’s analyze hangers designed for specific types of clothes.
Wooden hangers are the best bet for keeping your suits in good shape, but not just any ordinary ones. There are wooden hangers specifically designed for suits that are curved and have wide shoulder pads. They preserve the natural shape of your suit. While they are not the cheapest option, they are worth getting to keep your expensive suit looking as good as possible. If your suit didn’t come with the right hangers, you should invest in some proper ones.
Hangers for Pants and Skirts
When it comes to hanging pants or skirts, there are three main options:
- Clip top hangers: If you have 54 inches of hanging space in your closet, you can clip your pants upside down and hang them on these without ever folding them.
- Open-ended hangers: If you prefer to fold your pants and hang them, open-ended hangers perform well and look great.
- Clips on suit hangers: You can simply clip your pants with the clips that come on basic suit hangers.
What About Delicates?
Delicate fabrics are best suited with padded hangers. Silk, lace, and satin should be hung on padded hangers because they protect the delicate fabric. If you have expensive blouses, lingerie, or sleepwear, this is especially a good product to invest in.
Start off your day positively with an easily accessible and great-looking wardrobe.